ETRACORPOREAL SHOCKWAVE THERAPY (ECSWT)
Shock Wave Therapy, also known as Extra Corporeal ShockWave Therapy (ECSWT), provides a treatment option to patients suffering from a range of chronic conditions such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinopathy and tennis elbow that are notoriously difficult to resolve.
Shock wave treatment was originally developed to treat kidney and gall stones as an alternative to Lithotripsy treatment, the basic principles behind shock wave therapy are the high pressured acoustic shock waves that travel through the skin to break down calcified tissue and stimulate tissue repair. Coupled with Ultrasound waves, the regaling effect is sped up.
- Plantar Fasciitis / Heel spur (calcaneal spur)
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Golfers/Tennis elbow )lateral epicondylitis)
- Other forms of insertion tendinopathy (insertion of hamstring)
- Other musculoskeletal problems – Bursitis, muscle strain etc)
- Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder
- Patella tendinopathy